Taiwan, Taichung Mission

Taiwan, Taichung Mission

Sunday, January 3, 2016

New Year, New companion

Happy 2016!! The year I will never touch American soil.. There's been a lot of changes here, its been an awesome week.

Elder McDougal and I had an awesome last few days together, I think I'm just going to take a minute to appreciate him. He was the funniest dude! We were so totally different, he doesn't watch movies, loves geology, can cook crazy good, is super smart in just about everything, and has a bunch of other random interests that aren't like mine. The cool thing was that we still got along super well! He was super accepting and although we had very different opinions, we had a great relationship. He would make me laugh so much, Dad better give him a shout out at BYUI when he gets back! 

I'm now with Elder Stoddard from Alpine, UT! He's been on island for almost 9 months, loves basketball, and I can tell we're going to have a great time and get lots of work done together! We've had an awesome couple of days together. He just came from a big college part of Taizhiong that was super nice and populated. Lets just say our area is a lot more ghetto and he's getting used to it.

New Years was kind of weird, there was this huge party right outside our apartment that you could see from our porch. If you just looked at it, it would have been pretty awesome, but then when you heard the people singing, it was actually the lamest thing ever. It was all of these random Taiwanese songs and it sounded super bad and annoying. Then they launched off a million fireworks haha, not a lot of sleep that night. I can't imagine what it would be like to be in a big city, they were going crazy, and we live in one of the tiniest places ever! 

Quick spiritual thought having to do with the new year: At this time, everyone talks about having a new start and improvement. The cool thing is that because of Christ's Atonement, we can do this whenever we want! Because of Him, every day is a new day. I know I have a million things to work on, and I'm excited to improve! Haha kind of cliche, but thats what was on my mind:) 

Love and miss you,

Elder Gilbert 

Goodbye to Elder McDougal

Bringing home the new microwave this week

Some cool miao temple in dong gang

No comments:

Post a Comment