Taiwan, Taichung Mission

Taiwan, Taichung Mission

Monday, May 2, 2016

Baptism week:)))

Whooo! This was probably one of the best weeks ever!!! Oh man, I'm just so happy! Glad Everyone's doing good at home, its been a really cool week here, hope I can put it all into words.

So first I want to talk about our investigator Sister Wu that got baptized on Saturday! We were a little stressed, because we've had this baptismal date for a little while, but didn't know there was going to be a big wedding reception at the chapel that night as well. We figured it all out, had the baptism in the afternoon and then everyone went to the wedding reception after, literally the best night ever.

Its been really cool to see her progress. We met her through her granddaughter that she takes care of at English class, and eventually were able to start meeting with the two of them. She quickly became best friends with the bishop's wife (who is a return missionary) and then it was just game over from there. I honestly think that we weren't necessary to be there. Really it was our great ward members who are the real reason she was baptized. It's been really cool to see the ward rally around her and the baptism. It made Sunday a special day. Fast and Testimony meeting was super sweet and everyone was just really happy that this ward got a baptism (It became a ward about a year ago, and this is the first time they've had one). It finally felt like they had something to rally around, and it was awesome to see them so excited.

Outside of the baptism, it has literally been the busiest week of my mission. We have no finding time ever because we've just had lessons for days! I'm so grateful for it, but its pretty stressful to squeeze everything in all day!  We have a lot of new investigators. one just quit drinking coffee and so we had a party and she brought us cake. another came to the baptism and church on Sunday, we will probably set a baptismal goal with him tonight. He is real golden I think.I will tell more if he actually is.
I have a funny story to tell.  So we have this one ward member who's like a 50 year old mom, and she's so obsessed with me! I have literally never heard anyone fit handsome in a conversation more than she has! Its kind of scary, but awesome, because she always gives us food haha. Anyways she just started using English to tell me I'm super "cute"  Also we've got Elder Pothier in our district who's 6'7" and people give him lots of extra attention too. I guess I don't have it so bad :) People's reactions to us here are the funniest things sometimes.  

Final thought comes from ammon's wards in Alma 26:  35 Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began; yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all powerall wisdom, and all understanding; he comprehendeth all things, and he is a merciful Being, even unto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name.

I'm so happy!! Oh man, this is real joy. I can't even put it into words. This church is true, and I promise Jesus Christ is the place to go for real, everlasting happiness. This is a special time and one I do not take for granted.

I love you guys so much and can't wait to be with you again soon,

-Elder Gilbert
Our p-day adventure

No comments:

Post a Comment