Taiwan, Taichung Mission

Taiwan, Taichung Mission

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Growing Pains

Hey, sounds like a great week! Happy fourth of July!

So to be perfectly honest the last week has not been my favorite. It's been a lot different with my new comp and we are learning a ton from each other. There have been some great advantages from having a native comp, but it is a lot different than I thought it would be. 

I would love to share some cool stories about miracles and people accepting the message, but to be frank this week was full of a lot of finding and struggling. I think a big miracle is that we got through the week and that I have the faith that it can't get much worse :)  I feel bad for Elder Huang in some of his earliest days in the mission field to be in a kind of dead area, but I know things are going to get better.

Oh ya, we also got a new mission president this week, President Teh!  We got to welcome them and will get to meet them more when we have a zone conference next week.

I've been thinking a lot this week about the story of Nephi and His family traveling to the promised land, particularly about how he and his brothers had very different reactions to the same situations and experiences. Nephi is really one of my biggest heroes and I was looking for a good answer to how he could be such a positive and faithful person through all the things he went through. I found a good answer in 2 Nephi Chapter 4:19-21 

........I know in whom I have trusted.

 20 My God hath been my support; he hath led me through mine afflictions in the wilderness; and he hath preserved me upon the waters of the great deep.
21 He hath filled me with his love, even unto the consuming of my flesh.
Pretty cool stuff. Nephi is seriously the man and I really know that trusting in the Lord brings miracles.  That's something that I am really trying to get better at and something I know we al need to do.

I love you guys so much and hope you know that I'm praying for you!

-Elder Gilbert  

No comments:

Post a Comment