Taiwan, Taichung Mission

Taiwan, Taichung Mission

Sunday, July 17, 2016

I love it!!

Hello everyone! Happy to be writing home on this wonderful P-day! It's been a good week here, and I'd just like to share a few thoughts I've had. I feel like recently as I've passed my year mark and have really been getting used to the missionary routine and I think I've kind of lost sight of the miracle that a mission is.  I went on exchanges this week and my zone leader gave me a really good invite to write in my journal more about what I'm grateful for (I need to also just start writing in it at all). So for my weekly letter I'd just like to send some of the things that I'm really grateful for, and I know I'm going to miss really bad when my time's up. Here's a few things I've though about this week...

-I'm grateful I get to get up every morning at 6:30 (or have mornings like today where we get up an hour early and play ball with the aps and zone leaders).
-I'm grateful that I've got a super dope comp right now thats teaching all these strangely useful Chinese things. I also love teaching him about america and preparing him for American Culture. (I gave him a 20 minute lesson on Donald Trump last night).
 -I love how excited I get for studies in the morning.
 -I love how cheap the food is here and that I don't have to cook ever.
 -I love the hot weather because when its hot it means that theres lots of people on the streets.
 -I'm grateful that I am in Taiwan where people are obsessed with Americans and almost everyone is willing to talk with you.
 -I'm really beginning to become grateful for hard times, because thats when you rely on the Lord the most. 
 -I'm grateful for my family, and I love looking at all the pictures I've got of them and knowing that because of this gospel I'll be with them forever. 
-Most of all I'm grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ, I'm grateful that I've been able to get to know Him a lot better on my mish, and I'm grateful that his Atonement carries me much further than I could ever go on my own. 

I'd write more, but our new mission president made the music rules more loose so I'm getting a bunch of piano guys music and other stuff thats allowed now! 

I love you guys so much! Hope its another great week, ahhhh I'm so jealous of the Spain Trip! 

Love,
Elder Gilbert


No comments:

Post a Comment