Taiwan, Taichung Mission

Taiwan, Taichung Mission

Monday, August 8, 2016

August 1, 2016

Hello everybody and happy August! 

So first thing I'd like to say about the week is that it was HOT! And oh man do I love it! I think there were a few afternoons this week where I can honestly say I've probably never been hotter in my life. For some reason its so satisfying for me to just go out and hit the streets and talk with everybody, and what makes it better is there are FINALLY some interested people that we've been running into. I think that's one of my favorite things about this mission, we have a super good culture of hard work and it really brings blessings.

I really feel like that hard work is one of the reasons that things are starting to get a little better here in Da Keng (大坑).

Like I just said we have finally found a few people that are at least willing to hear and meet with us, and we've actually got a decent investigator pool. Nobody is progressing like crazy, but at least we've got some people to work with and Elder Huang and I are going to do our best to get them to have some real desire. The ward is also warming up, and we've been able to visit a good amount of the members and start to build good relationships (something that hasn't been a thing in the past that much here..).

One of our ward members is actually over stake missionary work, so he invited us to come give a little presentation on this new idea he had for getting member referrals. Last Sunday night we went to a meeting with the stake presidency and all the ward mission leaders/bishopric mission leaders. It was probably the scariest moment of my life. I don't know why, but we get to the meeting and not a single person is talking while they wait for it to start, dead silent. Then they talk about all these goals and then we give our part on helping members use this app they have here called line to invite their friends to meet the missionaries. We haven't really even used it, its just what our ward member wanted us to present, and then we just goat wrecked by all the leaders for why it was a bad idea. I've literally never felt so stupid in my life, but thats ok, we got free dinner out of it :)

So for a little spiritual share I'd like to pull from the great Chiasmus from Alma 36 (if you don't know what that means look it up) So this whole chapter is Alma telling his son about his conversion story, and I think its  one of the coolest examples of how the Gospel and Atonement of Jesus Christ can really change someone. Its cool to see that Alma could become such a great prophet and one who could say that I do know that whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trails, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day.

I love you guys so much and hope that you have a great week, gosh dang it, you're having so much fun. But so am I so im not too jealous. I love my mission, and I don't really think I ever want it to end :)

Love,
Elder Gilbert


Elder Gilbert and Cole teaching English class together

No comments:

Post a Comment