Taiwan, Taichung Mission

Taiwan, Taichung Mission

Monday, August 8, 2016

July 25, 2016

Hey everybody! Great week here in Taichung! Things are looking up here.
So Elder Huang (黃長老) was supposed to get his visa and leave to the mtc, but he hasn't gotten it yet! We're completely in the dark, but all I know is that I get to keep training him:)

We've been blessed with finding a couple of cool new investigators in the last few weeks. When we are doing our own personal finding we usually stick to this one road in our area that has a billion people on it. We have a ton of 7-11's and we'll usually just bike from one to the other and talk with people on the way and stuff. It gets a little boring after a while so we try to find good things to mix it up. We have a lot of members that live on that street or own shops, so sometimes we stop and talk to them. We also have been blessed with some cool miracles of interested people as well as some crazies that keep our spirits up and give us a good laugh. The ward's finally starting to warm up to us and we actually gotten a few referrals as well as invited to eat dinner at some peoples houses. We're hopefully going to have a pretty busy week!
Picture with a family in our ward after we had FHE with them... 

So This week we had interviews with President Teh, our new mission president. It was so great to be in a one on one situation and actually talk with him! he actually also came to our ward's church last week as well. He's been here for not even a month yet, and he gave a talk in Chinese! (He didn't speak any before). It's absolutely amazing and I wish that I was spiritual enough to have the gift of tongues like that! I asked him if he wanted me to translate for him in priesthood, but he said he liked to just listen and practice. He'd lean over to me every once and a while and ask me "are they talking about LA's right now" or other similar questions. He was right every time! What the heck? Its was nuts.

So last thing I'd like to share is a thought from Nephi. President Teh invited me to study chapter 4 from 2nd Nephi,  I had just read it but I read it again, and its was crazy to see all the knew things I pulled out of it as I read it again. I think that verses 26-28 are pretty cool.

then, if have seen so great things, if the Lord in his condescension unto the children of men hath visited men in so much mercywhy should my heart weep and my soul linger in the valley of sorrow, and my flesh waste away, and my strength slacken, because of mine afflictions?
 27 And why should yield to sin, because of my flesh? Yea, why should give way to temptationsthat the evil one have place in my heart to destroy my peace and afflict my soul? Why am angry because of mine enemy?
 28 Awake, my soul! No longer droop in sin. Rejoice, my heart, and give place no more for the enemy of my soul.
What I got out of it is that Nephi has had all these really cool experiences and has a testimony of the Atonement, so why should anything get him down? That a super important truth to remember. I know that we've all had cool testimony building experiences, I know I have. I know Christ suffered for all the hard things we'll go through in life, so why let that stuff get us down? There is so much good in the world, all we have to do is look for it.

Love you guys so much! 

Elder Gilbert 葛長老

No comments:

Post a Comment