Taiwan, Taichung Mission

Taiwan, Taichung Mission

Sunday, September 11, 2016

God's hand in all things

Hello! What an exciting week back home! Hope Paige and John had good birthdays!! I sent a little something something in the mail, but I don't think it got there yet :( Also in tears about the BYU game, but I guess every year we lose the odds of us winning the next year just go up right? I love BYU.

This week was awesome! A couple cool miracles: So a few days ago we were just kind of walking the main part of our area in the middle of a blazing hot afternoon. Afternoons here are not the most lively at times, and I was kind of getting mad because in the afternoon you tend to run into a lot of the crazier people that don't have work or anything to do. Anyways, I was a little frustrated and didn't really feel like I was actually helping anyone when I saw a guy in a wheelchair that got stuck on a big crack in the road. I got pumped because I finally saw someone that actually needed my help, and ran over to help him keep moving. As we offered to push him home we were able to talk a little bit about what we're doing as missionaries, and he actually invited us over for lunch the next day. He got in a pretty bad car crash a few months ago and can't use his left arm or leg anymore... But it was really cool to be able to meet him and share a little. We should be going back over in the next few days. 

Then yesterday we had a lesson set up at this family mart, and we got fanged. The guy didn't show up... it actually happens a lot. But anyways, while we were waiting for him, a guy that I had contacted a month ago showed up and we were able to talk again. He was really cool, and this time around a little more interested! We set up to meet with him this week. 

Prayer has had a special meaning to me this week. I've really been able to learn recently what sincere prayer really means and I've had so many comforting experiences talking with my Heavenly Father. I really do know he hears and answers our prayers, we just have to be humble enough to listen. I think that Paul said it best: "pray without ceasing" (1 Thessalonians 5:17) It really works, super grateful we have that blessing. 
Love you all, 
Elder Gilbert

No comments:

Post a Comment