Taiwan, Taichung Mission

Taiwan, Taichung Mission

Monday, September 5, 2016

It's getting real

Wow, welcome to September! It's been a great week that has absolutely flown by. 

For P-day we went to the bat caves on the outskirts of the city.  It was probably my favorite p-day since I've moved to this area! It was nuts, there were so many bats that just attacked us. What a great way to get ready for a great week of proselyting!






Honestly not a ton of crazy success this week, but we are working thorough it and staying positive! The people of Taiwan are so great and it always seems like we can find new investigators that will meet a few times. Our problem lately is that they seem to just not be able to help them progress past those early stages! Its bound to happen eventually! All we can do is just keep getting better ourselves, can't change anyone else! 

I've actually been thinking about that a lot this week. Kind of just about change and what the Savior expects us to eventually become. I think one of my favorite parts of the Book of Mormon is when he speaks to the Nephites in 3rd Nephi 27. He talks a lot about His Gospel and pretty simply states what he wants us to become:

 27 Therefore, what manner of men ought ye to be? Verily I say unto you, even as I am.

I know that as we repent every day and try to become more and more like the savior, the power of His Atonement brings real change. I see it every day, and I'm so grateful to be a part of this marvelous work. 

Much Love,

Elder Gilbert

A few additional questions he answered that I think give a little more insight into what he does:

Q) What finding approach are you using now that works the most effectively for you?
A)  I like when we bike to each 7-11 or other places like that and just talk to everyone outside and sitting down. most people usually contact on their bikes to people on scooters, which I like a lot, but is not as natural is talking on foot.

Q) When you get people past a street contact to a first lesson, do you do it in their homes or at the Church?
A) Nobody lets us into their homes, and President Teh really doesn't wan't us to go to the church because its a waste of time. Usually we teach in Mcdonald's or 7-11 (which are really classy here).  It's not quite as spiritual but we're working on trying to teach in member's homes more often.

More pictures from the P-Day adventure:






No comments:

Post a Comment