Taiwan, Taichung Mission

Taiwan, Taichung Mission

Monday, September 19, 2016

Moving on!

Hello everybody, my time is up! I have left Dakeng, and am moving onto the Feng Jia Ward (逢甲支會) I'm actually really pretty close to my last area! We're in like the coolest part of the city. One of my old comps served here, and its the only place in Taichung that i've ever wanted to go! Taichung is kind of the lamer part of our mission, but not Feng Jia! We have the second biggest night market in Taiwan, and apparently the most heavily populated area in the mission! We are not going to run short of 'gators here :)

My new comp is named Elder Seoane! He's sick! He's from Missouri, but originally born in Mexico! he moved to the states when he was 11. I'm totally going to re learn all that high school spanish again! He's relatively new on island, and I'm excited to see what I can learn from him! I still don't know a ton about him. We kind of did a little intro of each other and so I know a little about his background. he's starting his 4th transfer on island. He's going to BYUI when he gets back!! His brother is there right now! He's only had two comps, and they were both studs, so I'm assuming he's going to be awesome! oh my gosh, speaking in english again is such a relief, you have no idea how hard it is to always be speaking Chinese! I'm excited.

I'm also in a new zone (taichung has 3). Our ward is about average, 60-70 people. We meet on the 19th floor of a skyscraper!! 

It was a great last week in Da Keng and the members were really good to me! We got treated out to restaurants a lot. It was Mid autumn festival this week and the tradition is to have barbecues, so we went to a super fun barbecue with a bunch of the members! The members of the church in Taiwan are so good to us missionaries! I'm so grateful for them and their Christlike example! 

I was studying Charity this week and I read the words of paul that say If he has not charity he is nothing. (1 corinthians 13, great chapter on the value of Charity) As I read that, I had this thought come to mind that said "that also means that if you have charity, you are something." We learn that Charity is the "Pure love of Christ" (Moroni 7:47) I really have felt my Savior's love, and I know that even if we feel like a failure, if we're trying our best to emulate his example, its enough. 

Sorry its short this week, I'm excited to give you an update of my new area and comp! I am so happy with my situation!


Things are really looking up, love being a missionary and all the really cool things I'm learning!! 

Love, 
Elder Gilbert

No comments:

Post a Comment