Taiwan, Taichung Mission

Taiwan, Taichung Mission

Sunday, November 20, 2016

Blessed



Another great week has come and gone! I as I was thinking about it this morning, and I honestly don't know what happened this week... I feel like not many exciting things, but then again this is missionary work so I guess it should all be exciting!


So our investigators our doing great. Evan is looking fine to get baptized next week and the others seem to be doing great!



We had a cool miracle happen Saturday night. We were literally 1 minute away from our house and we stopped by one last 7-11 by our house. We ran into a guy Elder Seoane had talked to a while ago that we hadn't been able to get in contact with. He was so happy to see us, and we invited him to come to church the next day. He said he was really touched, and is totally on to start meeting now!


The college in our area has a lot of foreigners, they're usually the worst and really weird. We ran into this German atheist guy that was super interested in what we do as missionaries. He was down to meet, but sadly didn't actually have a whole ton of interest in doing anything. As we were talking about the plan of salvation, he brought up that he believes that after we die there's nothing. Then he just got really quiet for a sec and said it again kind of depressed. I just had this profound feeling of gratitude come over me as I thought about how lucky I am to have the testimony I do.


We also had interviews this week. President is super awesome, always gives so much good and loving advice.


Lastly I'd just like to share this quote from one of my favorite talks. Elder Renlund from April 2015 conference.



As we try, persevere, and help others to do the same, we are true Latter-day Saints. 
As we change, we will find that God indeed cares a lot more about who we are and about who we are becoming than about who we once were.



I'll leave it at that :)


Love you all so so much!!
-Elder Gilbert




No comments:

Post a Comment