Taiwan, Taichung Mission

Taiwan, Taichung Mission

Sunday, November 27, 2016

It's the most wonderful time of the year

Happy belated Thanksgiving everybody! Thanksgiving day didn't really feel all that special, and even though we were planning on doing something fun for food, we just ended up getting noodles...Then, at the end of the night we went over to meet with this part member family we started working with. They totally treated us to KFC! It was one of the best Thanksgiving dinners I can remember having :)

I've never been colder in my life!! On Sunday it was raining and just got freezing. I wore a big jacket to church yesterday and kept it on the whole time. All the ward members were making fun of me and saying that I wasn't even from America. I was pretty embarrassed, but seriously cold! I guess I just got way to used to all that hot weather.

This week actually went by pretty quick. We had a lot of lessons, which is always so nice as a missionary, but sometimes can be a little stressful. We found a lot of new investigators as well as Have a few that are so close to baptism, but just have a problem or two! Super exciting to have a baptism coming up in the next few days. Seems like we've got people at all different stages of the progression process. Keeps the days interesting :)

We're totally teaching this super sick Croatian right now. He's studying at the college in our area, and has already come to church twice. The problem is he doesn't really speak Chinese and Church gets pretty boring for him! Haha we're working on it.

I went on exchanges with Elder Cook this week. It was pretty fun to be with him  (he used to be my comp and we also lived in the same four man like a year ago, so I've pretty much been around him my whole mission).  He's been a really good friend for me, and I always have such a great time doing missionary work with him.



Quick thought on a scripture that I absolutely love: 

Moroni 6:8 But as oft as they repented and sought forgiveness, with real intent, they were forgiven.

I love this for two reasons. 1: Really helps us understand the mercy of God. He's not going to hold things over our head, and he really wants to forgive us. 2: He's also a God of high expectations. We need to sincerely repent with "real intent" if we want to fully partake of that forgiveness. 

Love you all so much, hope you're as excited for Christmas as I am :)

Love,
Elder Gilbert
jgilbert@myldsmail.net

We asked him what is one of the things he likes most about being a missionary. This was his response:

One of the things I've noticed lately is how grateful I am for little things. I don't have many things right now and it makes me way more grateful for what I do have. I find joy and excitement in tsimple things. I really am grateful that I've been able to realize how many blessings I have. My capacity to not take things for granted has increased a lot and my sense of entitlement is lessening.

No comments:

Post a Comment