Taiwan, Taichung Mission

Taiwan, Taichung Mission

Monday, March 13, 2017

Lots of monkeys and tender mercies!


Hello, happy P day! I cannot BELIEVE how fast the last weeks gone by. It honestly freaks me out sometimes, Elder Larsen and I will be contacting or something and before I can even blink we have to move on to our next activity or lesson. The days are just slipping through my fingers...


Here is a some picture of last p-day, we went to this big mountain full of monkeys. Easily one of the greatest p-days of my mission. I took this package of crackers with me and tried to mess with the monkeys as best I could. It got pretty scary though! Every time I opened the bag tons of them would start flowing out of the trees, haha good times.

The other week in interviews President gave some advice I really liked about being balanced in our finding efforts and not just mindlessly street contacting every time we have an open block. Elder Larsen and I have tried to put that to use and its really going well! We still do a lot of plain street contacting, but we've also had a great time just talking with everyone as we visit former investigator's homes and stop by members. I feel like we've been blessed with lots of cool miracles and it hasn't made the day as much of a grind as normal.

Investigators are great! have a bunch of newer ones, and a few that are progressing nicely.

Brother Chen told us this week as he read the Book of Mormon he felt like he was "Full of Power"

We have another cool high school age kid named Danny that walked all the way from his house to the church in the rain to meet with us. Usually Taiwanese people freak out when it rains and don't want to do anything (which is weird because it rains all the time here) but he was super excited to meet with us! Had a great lesson where we read the Book of Mormon with him. We read scriptures about the plan of salvation and he told us he had never even thought about there being life after death. Super cool to see his heart open up

I've been thinking about this scripture recently:

"The tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance."

Pretty cool that Nephi tells us this in the first chapter of the Book of Mormon after all the hard things he went through.

There were so many tender mercies and miracles this week and every week!

Love,
Elder Gilbert

Got matching 2 dollar ties last week.

A sketchy alley

No comments:

Post a Comment