Taiwan, Taichung Mission

Taiwan, Taichung Mission

Sunday, April 16, 2017

復活節快樂!

A GREAT first week with Elder Coats! He is a really hard worker and has brought a lot of fire and enthusiasm here to San Min. To give you a better description of him, just think of Uncle Ryan Simmons. Literally the same person. haha he's hilarious and is always getting me to laugh! Our week was filled with miracles, excited to see what we can get done.

We should have a baptism coming up in the next couple of weeks. i always get scared to tell too much about our investigators that are progressing towards baptism because I feel like it curses them....
We are working with this pretty cool investigator named Zed. He reads the Book of Mormon like crazy and gets a lot out of it. He also told us his favorite talk from conference was the Primary President's talk about the kids.  He's really cool, we had a great lesson with him and our Ward Mission Leader the other day. Our investigator pool is looking pretty nice right now, hoping we can drop in a couple more people for Baptismal dates this week. 

We had a little meeting with the bishop as well this week and he showed us all these new goals the ward has. We have a really really good ward! Elder Coats just came from a place with a pretty weak ward, so he's really excited and helping to remind me how great we've got it here. He's brought a lot of faith into the area and its really showing.

To be perfectly honest it didn't really hit me Easter was here until Saturday night. Elder Coats and I realized that we needed to start sharing a little more about it! Even though most people have absolutely no idea what Easter is or why its a thing it was a really good opportunity to get right into the center of our message. It just felt really good in a special kind of way to share with others about Christ and His Atonement/Resurrection. I love that the church has that #PrinceofPeace thing going on. Helps us to remember the literal peace he can bring into our lives.
(I know I've shared this scripture recently, but thought it fits well).

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as
the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be
troubled, neither let it be afraid.


Love,
Elder Gilbert
The district

No comments:

Post a Comment