Taiwan, Taichung Mission

Taiwan, Taichung Mission

Monday, April 10, 2017

On to the next one!

Well, pretty expected, but Elder Larsen has moved! I have a new companion! Elder Coats from Layton, Utah! I just met him but I'm liking the vibe. Good things are going to happen, I'm excited to see what we can get done.

Bittersweet to say goodbye to Elder Larsen. We had a pretty weird last week (two trips up to Taichung and general conference) felt like we didn't get quite as much time to do actual missionary work as we would have liked. Regardless we did what we could and had some great stuff happen!

General conference was so good. Had a few people come. I know Chen shi ming really liked it. Kind of fun to watch it thinking about investigators thoughts towards it.

We met with a part member family this week and invited the non member husband to come to General Conference. He totally came for the session where Elder Costa talked directly to non members!! Loved the talk and loved it even more thinking about him watching it. Our ward was super good to him as well. Really treated him nicely afterwards. We'll see what happens.

We've been trying to work better with the ward and it seems to have made the atmosphere better at church. I really love this ward, the members are great to us.

I absolutely love hearing from the leaders of the Church and learning from prophets and apostles. I got a lot of things out of conference, but one particularly stuck with me. Elder Sabin talking about being "all in"

We don’t hold back to see what the minimum is we can get by with. The Lord requires the heart and a willing mind. Our whole heart! When we are baptized, we are fully immersed as a symbol of our promise to fully follow the Savior, not half-heartedly. When we are fully committed and “all in,” heaven shakes for our good.

I LOVE that. I really want to get lost in the work out here, I want to be doing it for the right reasons. I like how Elder Sabin talked about being all in is actually a lot easier in the end. I definitely know that's true, and makes everything we do in life more rewarding.

ALL IN

Love,
Elder Gilbert

We ran into Chen Shi Ming (the recent convert) yesterday. He texted us that he was in the store where we were contacting outside. We walked in and he bought us drinks.
He was literally just there studying the Book of Mormon and General 
Conference!!




An all you can eat buffet on the top of the 85th floor of this high rise

Our ward mission leader makes these really good rolls and he always gives us way too many.
Last time was a little over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment